Ghosts of Rwanda (#2210)
FRONTLINE marks the 10th anniversary of the 1994 Rwandan genocide with a documentary chronicling one of the worst atrocities of the 20th century. In addition to interviews with key government officials and diplomats, the program offers groundbreaking eyewitness accounts of the genocide from those who experienced it firsthand: from Tutsi survivors who recount the horror of seeing their friends and family members slaughtered by neighbors and coworkers; to the diplomats on the scene who struggled to convey the severity of the crisis to their superiors in Washington; to the U.N. peacekeepers stationed amid the carnage who were ordered not to intervene. Through these accounts, FRONTLINE illustrates the social, political and diplomatic failures that enabled the slaughter of 800,000 people to occur unabated and unchallenged by the global community. [116 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 364 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 68 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: As PBS' premier public affairs series, FRONTLINE's stature is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human, social and political experience.
All Upcoming Episodes
Putin's Way (#3305)
My Brother's Bomber (1 of 3) (#3313)
Follow a brother's gripping search for the terrorists who blew up Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland. Filmmaker Ken Dornstein sets off to war-torn Libya in search of the men who killed 189... [56 minutes]
These episodes of Frontline aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Trouble with Chicken (#3218)
- The Retirement Gamble (#3108)
- Outbreak (#3308)
- Gunned Down: The Power of the NRA (#3304)
- The Trouble with Antibiotics (#3301)
- Drug Lord: The Legend of Shorty (#3220)
- Escaping ISIS (#3312)
- Prison State (#3210)
- Hunting the Nightmare Bacteria (#3114)
- Solitary Nation (#3209)
- Growing Up Trans (#3401)
- Rape on the Night Shift (#3311)
- Being Mortal (#3306)
- Obama at War (#3310)
- Secrets, Politics and Torture (#3309)
- American Terrorist (#3307)
- Memory of the Camps (#318)
- The Fight for Yemen (#3219)