This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Chef Jon Benedict cooks delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner items on the campfire using a pie iron. 02:30
Full Program: Go 100 feet underground into Coldwater Cave in northeast Iowa to explore Iowa’s longest and most spectacular cave.... 28:47
Maynard Reece has won nearly every honor imaginable for his wildlife artwork – much of which famously showcased Iowa’s... 06:34
The century-old walkway located at Wapsipincon State Park went on a remarkable journey to its new home. 01:41
A growing restoration project is bringing back the sights and sounds of Iowa’s long-lost native bird: The Prairie... 05:08
- Watch more video from this program »
News & Announcements
- more »
Series Description: Iowa Outdoors is a series focusing on outdoor recreation, environmental issues, conservation initiatives, and Iowa’s outdoor natural resources.
Iowa Outdoors is a partnership between Iowa Public Television and the Iowa Department of Natural Resources. The six half-hour programs will be broadcast in high-definition on Iowa Public Television. The Iowa DNR annually publishes six issues of Iowa Outdoors magazine. Please visit www.iowadnr.gov for subscription information and visit www.iptv.org to find streaming video of Iowa Outdoors.
All Upcoming Episodes
We explore paddle-in campsites in central Iowa, explain the restoration of Nahant Marsh, and showcase a photo project between an iPhone and a bur oak tree -- 365 days in the making. [27 minutes]
- Sat, June 22, 7:00 PM on IPTV Learns
- Sun, June 23, 1:00 PM on IPTV
- Mon, June 24, 6:30 PM on IPTV
- Fri, June 28, 8:30 AM on IPTV Learns
- Fri, June 28, 2:30 PM on IPTV Learns
- Fri, July 12, 8:30 PM on IPTV
- Sat, July 13, 2:00 AM on IPTV
- Sat, July 13, 8:00 AM on IPTV
- Tue, July 16, 8:30 AM on IPTV Learns
- Tue, July 16, 2:30 PM on IPTV Learns
- Tue, July 16, 10:30 PM on IPTV Learns
- Sun, July 21, 1:00 PM on IPTV
- Sun, July 28, 12:01 AM on IPTV
From the lens of one wildlife photographer to the handlebar view from our state's biking enthusiasts, we explore springtime in Iowa. [27 minutes]
Discover iceboating on Clear Lake, the work of photographer Kip Ladage, how American eagles are catching the attention of Iowa’ youth, and urban trout fishing. [27 minutes]
These episodes of Iowa Outdoors aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.