This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Known as the "Last River Rat" Kenny Salwey spent a large part of his life on the backwaters of the Mississippi River.... 08:46
Over the past three decades, sailing participation has decreased dramatically. But a youth program on Lake Okoboji... 05:38
The 2012 drought wreaked havoc on agriculture in the Midwest but it's also hit our state's water quality in some... 05:17
Big Creek State Park main lake is the 5th most visited body of water in Iowa. While Big Creek Lake offers a wide... 04:33
Full Program: In this episode, we go sailing on Lake Okoboji, find out why nearly three quarters of a million people visit Big Creek... 28:45
- Watch more video from this program »
News & Announcements
- more »
Series Description: Produced in partnership with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Iowa Outdoors highlights outdoor recreation, environmental issues, conservation initiatives, and Iowa's outdoor natural resources.
All Upcoming Episodes
This episode of Iowa Outdoors offers an airborne perspective from our state's drone videography enthusiasts and we search the Iowa River on a mussel blitz. [27 minutes]
- Tue, September 1, 8:00 AM on IPTV Learns
- Tue, September 1, 2:00 PM on IPTV Learns
- Tue, September 1, 10:00 PM on IPTV Learns
- Wed, September 9, 8:30 AM on IPTV Learns
- Wed, September 9, 2:30 PM on IPTV Learns
- Thu, September 17, 7:30 AM on IPTV Learns
- Thu, September 17, 1:30 PM on IPTV Learns
- Sun, September 20, 1:30 AM on IPTV
- Fri, September 25, 9:00 AM on IPTV Learns
In this special photography edition of Iowa Outdoors, discover how Iowa's wildlife and natural environments have inspired the lives of different photographers across our state. [28 minutes]
These episodes of Iowa Outdoors aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.