Joanne Weir's Cooking Class
Series Description: Joanne Weir's Cooking Class is a brand new 26-part cooking series featuring award-winning cooking teacher and author Joanne Weir. Joanne's actual home kitchen becomes the classroom for each show as she works side-by-side with a real-world student for a hands-on cooking lesson. The student and viewer learn how to prepare a wide variety of Weir's latest Mediterranean-inspired recipes, using the freshest and most seasonal ingredients available. As she shares her special cooking techniques, tips and tricks, and culinary fundamentals, Joanne guides students through solutions to their real-life cooking dilemmas - over-whipped egg whites, gummy risotto, and broken emulsions. At the end of each class, Joanne and her student taste the fruits of their labors and discuss key insights. Within each show are Joanne's reflections and remarks and student "confessionals" - personal comments to camera that give the series a slightly irreverent, reality show feel. There are also expert wine tips from sommelier Eugenio Jardim.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Joanne Weir's Cooking Class aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Brick-Cooked Chicken & Grilled Potato Salad (#207)
- Summer Bean Pasta & Italian Bread Salad (#206)
- Tomato Basil Fettuccine & Grilled Corn Salad (#205)
- Sausage Crostini, Goat Cheese Linguine & Melons in Wine (#204)
- Shellfish Orzo Stew & Orange, Avocado Salad (#203)
- Pork Chops, Lemon Freeze & Citrus Crisps (#202)
- Stuffed Chicken Breasts & Fava Fennel Salad (#201)
- Chicken Ragout & Stewed Grape Panna Cotta (#212)