Shaker Style Peg Shelves (#810)
Only basic tools are needed to make this classic wall shelf, which is crafted in tiger and bird's-eye maple. As the drawers that nest beneath the shelf are joined together, hand-cut dovetails are explained. Peter Korn of The Center for Furniture Craftsmanship shares sharpening techniques required to tune up a dovetail saw. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: Host Scott Phillips, an American woodworking master, shares time-honored tips and new techniques in the construction of projects you can do at home. From an Annie Oakley Dry Sink to a Chippendale High Boy, Scott guides you through the process of building tables, chairs, benches, medicine cabinets, cupboards, plant and candle stands, serving spoons, salad bowls and a storage chest . A master woodworker with a personable style thorough knowledge of his craft, Phillips's reverence for the intricacies of wood and its possibilities has helped make AMERICAN WOODSHOP a favorite among ptv audiences.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of American Woodshop aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Architectural Wooden Accents (#2013)
- Scroll Saw Gifts (#2012)
- Shop Jigs (#2011)
- Outdoor Garden Benches and Pergolas (#2010)
- Recycled Hardwood Projects (#2009)
- Bathroom Storage Solutions (#2008)
- Home Entertainment Designs (#2007)
- Kitchen Cabinet Retrofit (#2006)
- Thinking Toys 2 (#2005)
- Segmented Turnings (#2004)
- Stair Case Upgrades (#2003)
- Note. This Is An Iptv Aircheck with Scot Phillips in the Studio (#2002)
- Free Standing Tool Cabinets (#2001)
- Turning Columns, Big and Small (#1913)
- Scroll Saw Inlays (#1912)
- Post and Beam Joinery (#1911)
- Outdoor Accents (#1910)
- Hardwood Floors and Parquetry (#1909)
- Wood Countertops for Kitchens (#1908)
- Finish Carpentry Chair Rails and Panels (#1907)
- Kitchen Cabinet (#1906)
- Thinking Toys (#1905)
- Nested Natural Edge Bowls (#1904)
- Two Drawer Hall Table (#1903)
- Wall Clocks (#1902)
- Shaker Rockers (#1901)