20th Century Turning Points in U.S. History
Program 2: 1908-1918 (#102)
Program 2: 1908–1918
1908- Ford Introduces the Model T
1909- W.E.B. Du Bois Founds the NAACP
1911- Hollywood Founded
1913- 16th Amendment Allows Progressive Income Tax
1913- 17th Amendment Caps a Period of Election Reforms
1914- Clayton Anti-Trust Act Passed
1914-17- America Prepares for World War I
1917- America Enters World War I
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- 6-8, 9-12
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 8 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 27 minutes
- Record Rights
- Recording/duplication allowed as long as IPTV broadcasts the series. If you miss the broadcast, contact your AEA for copies.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: This new series highlights significant developments in science, art, politics, technology, and popular culture, providing a clear overview of the people and events that distinguished the twentieth century.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of 20th Century Turning Points in U.S. History aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Program 8: 1973-1999 (#108)
- Program 7: 1964-1973 (#107)
- Program 6: 1953-1963 (#106)
- Program 5: 1944-1952 (#105)
- Program 4: 1929-1943 (#104)
- Program 3: 1919-1928 (#103)
- Program 2: 1908-1918 (#102)
- Program 1: 1900-1907 (#101)