20th Century Turning Points in U.S. History
Program 5: 1944-1952 (#105)
Program 5: 1944-1952
1944- D-Day “Operation Overlord”
1945- The U.S. Air Force Drops Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima
1947- The Marshall Plan for Europe
1950- President Truman Sends American Troops to the Aid of South Korea
1950-53- The Korean War
1951- Alan Freed Introduces Rock and Roll
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- 6-8, 9-12
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 8 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 27 minutes
- Record Rights
- Recording/duplication allowed as long as IPTV broadcasts the series. If you miss the broadcast, contact your AEA for copies.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: This new series highlights significant developments in science, art, politics, technology, and popular culture, providing a clear overview of the people and events that distinguished the twentieth century.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of 20th Century Turning Points in U.S. History aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Program 8: 1973-1999 (#108)
- Program 7: 1964-1973 (#107)
- Program 6: 1953-1963 (#106)
- Program 5: 1944-1952 (#105)
- Program 4: 1929-1943 (#104)
- Program 3: 1919-1928 (#103)
- Program 2: 1908-1918 (#102)
- Program 1: 1900-1907 (#101)