Closer to Truth
Is The Universe Religiously Ambiguous? (#1001)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Closer To Truth explores fundamental issues of universe, brain/mind, religion, meaning and purpose through intimate,...
Full Program: No one could have imagined how immense the universe, or multiple universes, may actually be. 26:00
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: Closer To Truth is the definitive series on Cosmos, Consciousness and God, a global journey in search of the vital ideas of existence. It is the most complete, compelling, and accessible series on Cosmos, Consciousness and God ever produced for television. Closer To Truth explores fundamental issues of universe, brain/mind, religion, meaning and purpose through intimate, candid conversations with leading scientists, philosophers, scholars, theologians and creative thinkers of all kinds. The shows are a rich visual experience, shot entirely on location in high definition with multiple cameras generating film-like production values. The visual lushness of the high definition, on-location productions, combined with the intriguing titles of the shows, builds audiences already interested in such perennial topics. Each 30-minute episode features four to seven of the world's foremost thinkers. The series as a whole features 128 such authorities in what we believe to be the most comprehensive and definitive treatment of these topics ever presented in visual or electronic media.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Fri, December 13, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
- Fri, December 20, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
What's The New Atheism? (#1204)
- Fri, December 27, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
- Fri, January 3, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
- Fri, January 10, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
Why Do We Sleep? (#1207)
- Fri, January 17, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
- Fri, January 24, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
Why Obsess About Free Will? (#1209)
- Fri, January 31, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
These episodes of Closer to Truth aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Did The Universe Have A Beginning? (#1201)
- How Does Personal Identity Persist Through Time? (#1205)
- What's The New Atheism? (#1204)
- What Would It Feel Like to Be God? (#1203)
- How Do Humans Differ from Other Animals? (#1202)
- Why Anything at All? (#1213)
- What Is Nothing? (#1212)
- Panentheism: Is The World In God? (#1211)
- Why Seek An Alternative God? (#1210)
- Why Obsess About Free Will? (#1209)
- Does Cosmic Fine Tuning Demand Explanation? (#1208)
- Why Do We Sleep? (#1207)
- Can Philosophy of Religion Find God? (#1206)