The Scars of Genocide 30 Years Later In Cambodia (#244)
Justice For The Victims - The UN Tribunal in Cambodia - In Cambodia, the surviving leaders of the Khmer Rouge have gone on trial for genocide. While former military leaders and Khmer Rouge face prosecution, the country has started the process of coming to terms with the past over 30 years on.
Reliving History: Guatemala Uncovers the Painful Secrets of the Past - For decades, many Guatemalans have been left to wonder what happened to their loved ones. But in 2005, an old police archive was discovered in Guatemala City. The official records are slowly providing some answers for the victims' family and friends.
Global Living Room: Bokonbayevo, Kyrgyzstan - Seilman Shorukova is 73 years old and she lives in the village of Bokonbayevo in Kyrgyzstan.
Biogas - A New Source of Energy for Nepal - In Nepal, domestic biogas plants are revolutionizing the lives of the rural population. Biogas cuts down on CO2 emissions, saves firewood and lightens the load for small farmers in the countryside. The Nepalese government is pushing forward with its plan to have 7,500 biogas facilities up and running by the end of the year. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: Global 3000 is Deutsche Welle's weekly magazine that explores the intersection of global development and the environmental and social conditions of the diverse cultures of the world. In each program, host Michaela Kufner presents three to four video-rich segments that profile a different part of the planet where man's quest for economic and industrial strength is jeopardizing the ecosystems and the social and economic structures of people thousands of miles away. The program not only documents where those struggles are taking place -but how some groups and individuals are finding solutions to the growing problems of global development.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Indicates a Festival program - full Festival schedule »
- Mon, March 17, 12:30 AM on IPTV World
These episodes of Global 3000 aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Brazil: 2nd Largest In Internet Media (#607)
- Canada: Oil Boom Consequences (#610)
- Eu Covert Operation: Let In Banned USA Food? (#609)
- Oil, Politics, and Ecology: Winner Or Loser (#608)
- Swirling Seas of Ocean Plastic Pollution (#606)
- Threatened Rhinos: Poaching to Extinction? (#605)
- Curse of the Diamond: Corrupting Children (#604)
- Global Sports Push Redevelopment In Rio (#603)
- Tsunami of Indonesia: Rebuilding of a Community a Decade Later (#602)
- Importance of Global Biodiversity (#601)
- Cell Phones and Development: Start-Up Boom In Kenya (#552)
- The Peacemakers of Colombia (#551)
- Fans Instead of Fish In Fiji (#550)
- Cuba: Fee to Travel Freedom (#549)
- Children in the Workforce (#548)
- Farming Salmon Contaminating Ecosystems (#547)
- New View of Mapping The World (#546)
- Clicking Clients' Likes for Cash (#545)
- Recycling Trash Into An Orchestra (#544)