Around The World In 80 Diets (#305)
Global Food Culture: Around the World in 80 Diets - Eating is a part of our cultural identity - it's both necessary for survival and a sensual pleasure. But how have our eating habits and food choices changed in the age of globalization?
Global Count: Education - Everyone has a right to an education - that ideal is enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It's a prerequisite for social justice and peaceful coexistence.
Young Global Leaders Africa: Knowledge - Part 3 of the series "Young Global Leaders: Africa" - Erik Charas explains why the poor should also know the latest about new mobile phone technology and about how he started a free newspaper in his homeland Mozambique to share that information.
Global Living Room: Astana, Kazakhstan - We visit Gulnaziya Nussupova in a residential development in Astana while she prepares traditional specialties for afternoon tea, together with her daughter, sister and mother.
Wind Energy in Vietnam - Vietnam's energy consumption has been rising by some 15 percent a year. The country largely relies on fossil fuels like coal and oil, although it is ideally suited for harnessing renewable energy sources like wind power. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: Global 3000 is Deutsche Welle's weekly magazine that explores the intersection of global development and the environmental and social conditions of the diverse cultures of the world. In each program, host Michaela Kufner presents three to four video-rich segments that profile a different part of the planet where man's quest for economic and industrial strength is jeopardizing the ecosystems and the social and economic structures of people thousands of miles away. The program not only documents where those struggles are taking place -but how some groups and individuals are finding solutions to the growing problems of global development.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Global 3000 aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Episode #748
- Services On Demand (#747)
- Illegal Industry: Electrical Waste Disposal Polluting Environment (#746)
- Ancient Inca Knowledge & Water Adaptation (#745)
- Conservation Between Caribbean Islands (#744)
- Saola: Mysterious Animal Disappearing (#743)
- Torturous Tomato Farming In Italy (#742)
- Poverty Healthcare: Mobile Clinics in the USA (#741)
- Vanishing Vultures: Valuable Scavengers (#740)
- UN Millennium Project Challenges (#739)
- Health Teams Risk Their Lives to Save Lives (#738)
- Illegal Mineral Trade (#737)
- Booming Business of Slum Tourism (#736)
- Big Business of Opium (#735)
- Lifeline of Water (#734)
- Saving The Cape Parrot from Extinction (#733)
- Worldwide Waste: Food We Dump (#732)
- Failed State of South Sudan (#731)
- Cannabis: USA Big Business (#730)
- Baghdad: Music Against Terror (#729)
- Scary Scars: Brazil's Domestic Violence (#728)
- Mayan Descendants Saving Their Forest (#727)