China's Boom - A Formula for Environmental Disaster? (#342)
China's Climate - Growing economic prosperity is having massive consequences for the environment and climate protection. Electro-mobility could be a solution to many problems.
Namibia - The Fight for Jobs - No income and no social security. Day laborers in Windhoek wait on the roadside for work. The organization "Men on the side of the road" seeks to get them jobs, at least for the time being.
Francesco Piazessi from Mexico Builds Sustainable Homes for the Poor - The initiative "Echale a tu casa" (Build Your House) has already built more than 26,000 homes in Mexico. The homes are for the poorest of poor. Francesco Piazessi and his team work mainly in rural and structurally underdeveloped regions, erecting homes for those who would otherwise live in the simplest metal or wooden huts.
Mongolia - Mobile Kindergarten - Many Mongolian nomad children have never seen a kindergarten. Depending on the season, their parents travel long distances to and from remote grazing land. The children seldom have contact with other kids their own age. Now mobile kindergartens are trying to make a difference. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: Global 3000 is Deutsche Welle's weekly magazine that explores the intersection of global development and the environmental and social conditions of the diverse cultures of the world. In each program, host Michaela Kufner presents three to four video-rich segments that profile a different part of the planet where man's quest for economic and industrial strength is jeopardizing the ecosystems and the social and economic structures of people thousands of miles away. The program not only documents where those struggles are taking place -but how some groups and individuals are finding solutions to the growing problems of global development.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Sat, August 30, 5:00 PM on IPTV World
These episodes of Global 3000 aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Future of Energy Storage for Europe Lies In Norway (#630)
- Wikipedia: Manipulating of Information (#629)
- Drowning Culture with Dams In Turkey (#628)
- The Pacific Atlantis: Disappearing Island (#627)
- Episode #626
- Protesting Pesticides In Hawaii (#625)
- Flashing Away Lions from Livestock (#624)
- China's Fast Track to Us Citizenship (#623)
- Pioneer In Climate Change: Costa Rica (#620)
- Lion Protection Program (#622)
- Saving Hundreds of Rare Bird Species (#621)
- Saving Przewalski Horses from Extinction (#619)
- Keystone Xl Pipeline: In Or Out? (#618)
- Genetically Modified Corn Proves Disastrous for Farmers (#617)
- Episode #616
- Lion Fish Ruining Barrier Reefs (#615)
- Iran's New Era: Unblocking Freedom of Expression (#614)
- Syria: Kurdish Women Soldiers Against Jihadists (#613)
- Empowering Women for Success (#612)
- California Drought: Fields Turning Into Deserts (#611)
- Canada: Oil Boom Consequences (#610)
- Brazil: 2nd Largest In Internet Media (#607)
- Eu Covert Operation: Let In Banned USA Food? (#609)