Growing Food Stack By Stack (#351)
Vertical Farming - How Cities of the Future Can Feed Themselves -Population growth has led to increased demand for vegetables and fruit and ever rising prices. Additional cropland is needed to make sure everyone on the planet can be fed.
Africa on the Move: Morocco - Rehabilitating Young People - One-tenth of Morocco's prison population is made up of children and teenagers who are often convicted and sentenced without any legal representation. Now steps are being taken to help these young people.
Social Entrepreneur Zoran Puljic: Creating Jobs in Bosnia-Herzegovina - Zoran Puljic has invested 2.5 million Euros in the creation of new jobs in the economically depressed city of Sekovici in the Serb part of Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Climate India - Energy Efficiency for Industrial Production - India's economy is growing faster than ever before. But economic growth also means increased energy use and CO2 emissions. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: Global 3000 is Deutsche Welle's weekly magazine that explores the intersection of global development and the environmental and social conditions of the diverse cultures of the world. In each program, host Michaela Kufner presents three to four video-rich segments that profile a different part of the planet where man's quest for economic and industrial strength is jeopardizing the ecosystems and the social and economic structures of people thousands of miles away. The program not only documents where those struggles are taking place -but how some groups and individuals are finding solutions to the growing problems of global development.
All Upcoming Episodes
Cuba: Fee to Travel Freedom (#549)
Cuba: New Travel Freedoms - with Restrictions - Nine months after Cuba granted citizens the right to travel, the lines outside foreign embassies haven't gotten any shorter. People are eager for... [26 minutes]
These episodes of Global 3000 aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Children in the Workforce (#548)
- Farming Salmon Contaminating Ecosystems (#547)
- New View of Mapping The World (#546)
- Clicking Clients' Likes for Cash (#545)
- Recycling Trash Into An Orchestra (#544)
- Huge Reservoir Discovered In African Desert (#543)
- Preserving A Piece of Paradise (#542)
- Preserving A Little Piece of Paradise (#541)
- Tackling The Taliban with a TV Heroine (#540)
- Saving Lives Before The Ambulance Arrives (#539)
- Fire Fighting Climate Change In Brazil (#538)
- Is There Still Time to Save The Habitats of Millions of African Animals? (#537)
- Stimulants: Medications Used to Improve Performance (#536)
- The Rush to Save The Habitat of Millions of Africa Animals (#535)
- Real estate improvements pushing the poor out of Rio (#534)
- Episode #533
- Episode #532
- Turning Autism Into Vocational Jobs (#531)