Growing Food Stack By Stack (#351)
Vertical Farming - How Cities of the Future Can Feed Themselves -Population growth has led to increased demand for vegetables and fruit and ever rising prices. Additional cropland is needed to make sure everyone on the planet can be fed.
Africa on the Move: Morocco - Rehabilitating Young People - One-tenth of Morocco's prison population is made up of children and teenagers who are often convicted and sentenced without any legal representation. Now steps are being taken to help these young people.
Social Entrepreneur Zoran Puljic: Creating Jobs in Bosnia-Herzegovina - Zoran Puljic has invested 2.5 million Euros in the creation of new jobs in the economically depressed city of Sekovici in the Serb part of Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Climate India - Energy Efficiency for Industrial Production - India's economy is growing faster than ever before. But economic growth also means increased energy use and CO2 emissions. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: Global 3000 is Deutsche Welle's weekly magazine that explores the intersection of global development and the environmental and social conditions of the diverse cultures of the world. In each program, host Michaela Kufner presents three to four video-rich segments that profile a different part of the planet where man's quest for economic and industrial strength is jeopardizing the ecosystems and the social and economic structures of people thousands of miles away. The program not only documents where those struggles are taking place -but how some groups and individuals are finding solutions to the growing problems of global development.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Sat, May 31, 5:00 PM on IPTV World
These episodes of Global 3000 aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Episode #616
- Lion Fish Ruining Barrier Reefs (#615)
- Iran's New Era: Unblocking Freedom of Expression (#614)
- Syria: Kurdish Women Soldiers Against Jihadists (#613)
- Empowering Women for Success (#612)
- California Drought: Fields Turning Into Deserts (#611)
- Canada: Oil Boom Consequences (#610)
- Brazil: 2nd Largest In Internet Media (#607)
- Eu Covert Operation: Let In Banned USA Food? (#609)
- Oil, Politics, and Ecology: Winner Or Loser (#608)
- Swirling Seas of Ocean Plastic Pollution (#606)
- Threatened Rhinos: Poaching to Extinction? (#605)
- Curse of the Diamond: Corrupting Children (#604)
- Global Sports Push Redevelopment In Rio (#603)
- Tsunami of Indonesia: Rebuilding of a Community a Decade Later (#602)
- Importance of Global Biodiversity (#601)
- Cell Phones and Development: Start-Up Boom In Kenya (#552)
- The Peacemakers of Colombia (#551)
- Fans Instead of Fish In Fiji (#550)
- Cuba: Fee to Travel Freedom (#549)
- Children in the Workforce (#548)