Iowa's Simple Pleasures with Dan Kaercher
Rock-n-Row Adventures, Sanford Museum, Cafe Dodici, Aviation Museum (#105)
Enjoy a tubing adventure down the Iowa River; taste the fresh and innovative cuisine found in Washington; learn about Iowa’s aviation history in Greenfield; and visit a museum in Northwest Iowa that is home to the state’s oldest planetarium. Hosted by Dan Kaercher. [24 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
If you like artifacts and star gazing, Dan’s stop in Cherokee will be of interest to you. Hosted by Dan Kaercher,... 04:19
Aviation and Iowa have very strong ties. Dan’s trip to Adair County helped him make the connection. Hosted by Dan... 05:08
Full Program: Enjoy a tubing adventure down the Iowa River; taste the fresh and innovative cuisine found in Washington; learn about... 25:24
Whether you’re a devoted fan, or just want to experience your first performance, head to south central Iowa to hear... 06:02
The golden age of motorcycle road racing spans 50-some years –starting back in the 1930s. Vintage cycles still race... 06:35
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: Dan Kaercher, founding editor-in-chief of Midwest Living magazine, travels Iowa in search of hidden treasures and out-of-the-way places for Iowans to visit and explore right here at home.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Indicates a December Celebration program
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Iowa's Simple Pleasures with Dan Kaercher aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Episode #506
- Harvester Golf Course, Redwood Steakhouse, South East Iowa Art Tour, Mason City (#505)
- Scenic City Empress Riverboat, Clay County Fair, Drake Restaurant, Jester Park (#504)
- Skydiving, Lake City, Bily Clock Museum, Broadbent Distillery (#503)
- Geocaching, Little Swan Lake Winery, Saturday in the Park, Augusta Restaurant (#502)