Iowa's Simple Pleasures with Dan Kaercher
Excellent Exhibitions (#307)
Tune in to see host Dan Kaercher climb the big treehouse in Marshalltown, see how a Kaleidoscope is made in Pomeroy and marvel at how matchsticks can be used to build model scale architectural wonders in Tama County. Dan also tours a buffalo ranch, a museum that boasts Iowa's agricultural heritage and another one that showcases teddy bears. [27 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Join Dan Kaercher as he learns there is more to a stuffed teddy bear than a "hug". Creation of some teddy bears has... 05:32
Ever wonder how things are made? Dan traveled to Calhoun County to witness the making of a kaleidoscope! Hosted... 06:28
Patience is a virtue as this Tama County artist will tell you – and his magnificent creations will marvel both... 05:40
Buffalo have inhabited the United States for over 100,000 years and are considered an American icon as Dan learned... 07:05
Think big, no, REALLY BIG! Dan’s stop in Marshall County will have you green with envy of a treehouse like no... 07:56
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: Dan Kaercher, founding editor-in-chief of Midwest Living magazine, travels Iowa in search of hidden treasures and out-of-the-way places for Iowans to visit and explore right here at home.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Indicates a December Celebration program
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Iowa's Simple Pleasures with Dan Kaercher aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Episode #506
- Harvester Golf Course, Redwood Steakhouse, South East Iowa Art Tour, Mason City (#505)
- Scenic City Empress Riverboat, Clay County Fair, Drake Restaurant, Jester Park (#504)
- Skydiving, Lake City, Bily Clock Museum, Broadbent Distillery (#503)
- Geocaching, Little Swan Lake Winery, Saturday in the Park, Augusta Restaurant (#502)