Iowa's Simple Pleasures with Dan Kaercher
Keokuk, Rusty Duck Restaurant, Villisca Axe Murder House, Hotel Blackhawk (#403)
Tag along as host Dan Kaercher digs for Iowa’s state rock in southeast Iowa, bites into one of Iowa’s best burgers at the Rusty Duck in Dexter, explores the Villisca Ax Murder House and finds a fabulous getaway in Davenport at the Hotel Blackhawk. [27 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
In the fall of 2011, the New York Times named this hotel one of its 150 "weekend destinations". It's the restored... 04:50
If you like eerie experiences, you don't have to wait for October and Halloween. Just join Dan Kaercher for a visit a... 05:17
There area lots of places to get a good burger. But for a great burger, Dan Kaercher found an eatery that's earned a... 06:01
Full Program: Dig for Iowa's state rock and mine for a little civil war history in southeast Iowa; take a bite of an award-winning...
If you're a rock hound or a civil war buff Southeast Iowa is the place for adventure. Plus Dan Kaercher found... 07:17
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: Dan Kaercher, founding editor-in-chief of Midwest Living magazine, travels Iowa in search of hidden treasures and out-of-the-way places for Iowans to visit and explore right here at home.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Indicates a December Celebration program
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Iowa's Simple Pleasures with Dan Kaercher aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Episode #506
- Harvester Golf Course, Redwood Steakhouse, South East Iowa Art Tour, Mason City (#505)
- Scenic City Empress Riverboat, Clay County Fair, Drake Restaurant, Jester Park (#504)
- Skydiving, Lake City, Bily Clock Museum, Broadbent Distillery (#503)
- Geocaching, Little Swan Lake Winery, Saturday in the Park, Augusta Restaurant (#502)