Iowa's Simple Pleasures with Dan Kaercher
Dan Kaercher visits some western Iowa farms for lavender cookies and aronia berry wine, takes in the sights in one of Iowa’s oldest River communities, finds a bike to fit the needs of most anyone, no matter what their challenges may be, and travels to Kalona. [27 minutes]
Find a bicycle to fit your needs no matter what your challenges might be --- then head off on some of Iowa’s more than... 06:12
The Hotel Julien Dubuque offers a rich blend of style, services, and history. And the Art on the River program offers... 06:43
Just about 30 minutes from the bustle of the University of Iowa campus and downtown Iowa City, is an enchanting... 07:28
Think of Iowa cropland, and you might envision fairly flat fertile fields of corn and soybeans. But in the... 06:28
Full Program: Come along with host Dan Kaercher as he visits some western Iowa farms for lavender cookies and aronia berry wine,...
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: Dan Kaercher, founding editor-in-chief of Midwest Living magazine, travels Iowa in search of hidden treasures and out-of-the-way places for Iowans to visit and explore right here at home.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Iowa's Simple Pleasures with Dan Kaercher aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Episode #506
- Harvester Golf Course, Redwood Steakhouse, South East Iowa Art Tour, Mason City (#505)
- Scenic City Empress Riverboat, Clay County Fair, Drake Restaurant, Jester Park (#504)
- Skydiving, Lake City, Bily Clock Museum, Broadbent Distillery (#503)
- Geocaching, Little Swan Lake Winery, Saturday in the Park, Augusta Restaurant (#502)