Iowa's Simple Pleasures with Dan Kaercher
Whether you’re a devoted fan, or just want to experience your first performance, head to south central Iowa to hear... 06:02
The golden age of motorcycle road racing spans 50-some years –starting back in the 1930s. Vintage cycles still race... 06:35
Join Dan as he lobs a few balls on one of the few grass tennis courts in the U.S. This one is just outside Charles City. 06:16
You don’t have to travel very far to get both a taste of New Orleans AND an award-winning Iowa staple: a pork... 06:14
Since 1991, this annual outdoor music festival in northwest Iowa has grown to attract 50,000-some visitors and many... 06:52
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: Dan Kaercher, founding editor-in-chief of Midwest Living magazine, travels Iowa in search of hidden treasures and out-of-the-way places for Iowans to visit and explore right here at home.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Iowa's Simple Pleasures with Dan Kaercher aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Episode #506
- Harvester Golf Course, Redwood Steakhouse, South East Iowa Art Tour, Mason City (#505)
- Scenic City Empress Riverboat, Clay County Fair, Drake Restaurant, Jester Park (#504)
- Skydiving, Lake City, Bily Clock Museum, Broadbent Distillery (#503)
- Geocaching, Little Swan Lake Winery, Saturday in the Park, Augusta Restaurant (#502)