U.S. History Field Trips
How The USA Grew: 13 Colonies to 50 States (#102)
This program is designed to give students a clear understanding of the historical events of various land acquisitions that led to the creation of the United States as it exists today. [27 minutes]
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- 3-5, 6-8
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 8 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 23 minutes
- Record Rights
- Recording/duplication allowed as long as IPTV broadcasts the series. If you miss the broadcast, contact your AEA for copies.
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: This series is designed to take students on virtual field trips to the locations of the diverse Native American cultures, the Colonial era's important settings, the two cities that were instrumental in the movement toward the American Revolution, the evolution of political parties in choosing the American President, and how the Civil Rights movement started.
All Upcoming Episodes
In "Historic Boston," students discover how events in the city set the colonies on the road to revolution and independence. [24 minutes]
- Fri, May 24, 11:28 PM on IPTV Learns
"Benjamin Franklin" describes what really went on "behind closed doors" as our founding fathers hammered out the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. [19 minutes]
- Mon, May 27, 11:30 PM on IPTV Learns
Plymouth Plantation (#107)
This program takes students on an adventurous journey back to 1620 and Plymouth Plantation to see life as it was lived by the Pilgrims who settled there. [24 minutes]
- Tue, May 28, 11:30 PM on IPTV Learns
Colonial Times (#108)
Take an educational and entertaining journey back to Colonial America to learn what life was like in the original thirteen colonies. [21 minutes]
- Wed, May 29, 11:30 PM on IPTV Learns
These episodes of U.S. History Field Trips aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Rosa Parks and the Civil Rights Movement (#104)
- Hail to the Chief: Presidential Election (#103)
- How The USA Grew: 13 Colonies to 50 States (#102)
- Native American Regional Cultures (#101)