U.S. History Field Trips
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- 3-5, 6-8
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 8 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 23 minutes
- Record Rights
- Recording/duplication allowed as long as IPTV broadcasts the series. If you miss the broadcast, contact your AEA for copies.
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: This series is designed to take students on virtual field trips to the locations of the diverse Native American cultures, the Colonial era's important settings, the two cities that were instrumental in the movement toward the American Revolution, the evolution of political parties in choosing the American President, and how the Civil Rights movement started.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of U.S. History Field Trips aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Colonial Times (#108)
- Plymouth Plantation (#107)
- Road to Revolution: Historic Philadelphia (#106)
- Road to Revolution: Historic Boston (#105)
- Rosa Parks and the Civil Rights Movement (#104)
- Hail to the Chief: Presidential Election (#103)
- How The USA Grew: 13 Colonies to 50 States (#102)
- Native American Regional Cultures (#101)