Growing Up: A Guide to Middle School Bullying
Extreme Bullying: The Truth About Hazing (#107)
Hazing commonly involves physically abusive, emotionally degrading and/or sexually violating acts that are used as a way to initiate a person into a group. This program examines the growing surge of hazing incidents at high schools around the country, and distinguishes between different types of hazing practiced by girls and boys alike—brutal social humiliations, tortuous physical endurance ceremonies, online cyberbullying and more. [23 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Series Length
- 7 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 19 minutes
- Record Rights
- Recording/duplication allowed as long as IPTV broadcasts the series. If you miss the broadcast, contact your AEA for copies.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: The Middle School Bullying Series offers seven different programs to help middle school students deal with bullying in the 21st century. These researched-based videos will help your students to identify and define what bullying is and will help your students suceed in middle school and beyond.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Growing Up: A Guide to Middle School Bullying aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- I Was Cyberbullied (#106)
- Bully Bystanders: You Can Make a Difference (#105)
- The Dangers of Sexting: What Teens Need to Know (#104)
- Blow Ups and Rages: Managing Anger (#103)
- Pushed to the Brink: Bullycide on the Rise (#102)
- B Careful When U Text (#101)