Ponds: Nature’s Aquarium (#104)
Ponds provide a spot where children can play, splash, cool down and even emerge cleaner than when they went in. Naturally they are habitats and sources of nourishment for the myriad of interesting plants and animals in the surrounding eco-system. [12 minutes]
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- 3-5, 6-8, 9-12
- Curricular Areas
- Science & Technology
- Series Length
- 4 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 11 minutes
- Record Rights
- Recording/duplication allowed as long as IPTV broadcasts the series. If you miss the broadcast, contact your AEA for copies.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: By focusing upon the setting where children play and gradually exposing the accompanying science, this "first look" series continues the naturally progressive steps in a child’s introduction to nature and environmental science. Carefully crafted to extend the gap between a child’s play and the natural environment.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Naturally Nature aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Ponds: Nature’s Aquarium (#104)
- Clouds: Nature’s Sprinklers (#103)
- Trees: Nature’s Coolers (#102)
- Dirt: Nature’s Sandbox (#101)