Series Description: COOK'S COUNTRY features the best regional home cooking - from potluck dinners and holiday favorites to simple suppers and lost recipes. The Daytime Emmy®- nominated series takes the same practical, no-nonsense and scientific approach as Cook's Countrymagazine by providing home cooks with foolproof recipes and cooking techniques developed through rigorous investigation and careful testing. In season seven, test kitchen chefs Bridget Lancaster and Julia Collin Davison cook a variety of family-friendly recipes with host Christopher Kimball. From the porch of the COOK'S COUNTRY farmhouse, Kimball introduces educational "Food History" segments about the origins of certain regional recipes. Jack Bishop challenges Kimball to taste - and rank - blue cheese dressing, frozen French fries, egg noodles and other supermarket staples in front of a live studio audience. Adam Ried, the test kitchen's resident equipment expert, takes Kimball through his unbiased equipment recommendations for the home cook - from cookie sheets to salad spinners and other household items. Each episode includes a "Cooking Class" featuring Kimball and Lancaster sharing practical test kitchen tips and techniques. This season, they cover buying fish, cleaning a grill and hard-cooking eggs.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Sat, October 25, 11:00 AM on IPTV
- Sat, November 1, 11:00 AM on IPTV
- Sat, November 8, 11:00 AM on IPTV
- Sat, November 15, 11:00 AM on IPTV
- Sat, November 22, 11:00 AM on IPTV
- Sat, November 29, 11:00 AM on IPTV
These episodes of Cook's Country aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Dinner from the Prairie (#707)
- Steakhouse Specials Off The Grill (#706)
- Old-Fashioned Sunday Suppers (#705)
- Fresh and Spicy Spins to Roast Pork and Tacos (#704)
- Black and White Desserts (#703)
- Dressing Up Meat and Potatoes (#702)
- Short Order Breakfast Classics (#701)