Martha's Sewing Room
The scallop decorative stitch is often used in heirloom sewing. Martha Pullen shows how to do off-the-edge scallops. Also shown is a silk nightshirt with tucks, embroidery, and a rolled shell hem. The crazy patch square from the series quilt and the satin stitch dots hand embroidery stitch are demonstrated. Guest: Marlis Bennett. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: This popular series features a wide variety of sewing, craft, and decorating activities that are easy and fun to do.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Martha's Sewing Room aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Machine Quilt Binding (#3413)
- Everything Essential - Embroidery 101 (#3412)
- Tools and Techniques of Hand Applique (#3411)
- Continuous Border Embroidery (#3401)
- Princess Pettiskirts (#3308)
- Serger Piping (#3408)
- Baby Puffing (#3410)
- Quick Zip Bags (#3409)
- Circular Embellishments (#3407)
- Sassy Sashiko (#3406)
- Reverse Bobbinwork (#3405)
- Button Academy (#3404)
- Whimsical Trims from a Stick (#3403)
- Basic Heirloom (#3402)
- Shaping Trims (#3313)
- Embellisher Magic (#3312)
- Decorative Stitch Lace Inserts (#3311)
- Chain Stitch Quilting (#3310)
- Batting Application (#3309)