Martha's Sewing Room
Creating the padded effect of trapunto was once a quite complex and time consuming task, but not today. The trapunto technique, tips and tricks are easily completed in half the time using the simple steps demonstrated. Other projects include a lovely trapunto bow pillow and an elegant traveler's coat hanger with silk ribbon daisy stitches. Vintage clothing is also included. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: This popular series features a wide variety of sewing, craft, and decorating activities that are easy and fun to do.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Martha's Sewing Room aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Machine Quilt Binding (#3413)
- Everything Essential - Embroidery 101 (#3412)
- Tools and Techniques of Hand Applique (#3411)
- Continuous Border Embroidery (#3401)
- Princess Pettiskirts (#3308)
- Serger Piping (#3408)
- Baby Puffing (#3410)
- Quick Zip Bags (#3409)
- Circular Embellishments (#3407)
- Sassy Sashiko (#3406)
- Reverse Bobbinwork (#3405)
- Button Academy (#3404)
- Whimsical Trims from a Stick (#3403)
- Basic Heirloom (#3402)
- Shaping Trims (#3313)
- Embellisher Magic (#3312)
- Decorative Stitch Lace Inserts (#3311)
- Chain Stitch Quilting (#3310)
- Batting Application (#3309)