Brits Turn Their Noses Up at the Eu (#2945)
France: Adieu Retirement - Pension reform and a growing risk of inflation are coming between French workers and their dreams of carefree retirement.
Croatia: The Sanader Case - Former Croatian Prime Minister Ivo Sanader is on trial for corruption. The case is widely seen as a test of Croatia's anti-graft drive ahead of its accession to the European Union.
Germany: Suicide Pacts - Three young women from Bavaria, Lower Saxony and Thuringen who had never met before gassed themselves to death in a tent last summer in what appeared to be a suicide pact.
Britain: Anti-EU Sentiment - Many people in Britain have long had major doubts about their country's membership in the European Union. At the end of October, Prime Minister David Cameron was able to defeat a parliamentary motion for a referendum on whether the UK should stay in the EU.
Poland: Prestigious Visit - US hotel heiress Paris Hilton has been honored with a star, not on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood but in Katowice, Poland. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: EUROPEAN JOURNAL looks beyond the headlines and sound bites to deliver relevant, unbiased and imaginative reporting on the events shaping the political, economic and cultural landscape of Europe. Each week, teams of journalists, photographers and producers scour the continent in search of stories with impact and meaning for American viewers, while alternating presenters Jim Gibbons and Cathy Smith provide in-depth analysis on this dynamic region.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Indicates a December Celebration program
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of European Journal aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Us Installing Missiles In Romania (#3239)
- Pope Francis Kicks Mafia Out (#3238)
- Scottish Independence: Yes Or No? (#3237)
- France: Jihadist Fighters Increasing (#3236)
- Deadly Danger: Looming Tsunami In Norwa (#3235)
- Joint Border Patrols: Decreasing Criminal Activity (#3234)
- Greece: Suicide Crisis and Depression (#3233)
- Backlash of Gaza Fighting Increase Fears In France (#3232)
- Episode #3231
- Prudery In Putinland: Latest In Russian Censorship Laws (#3230)
- Dreaming of Kurdistan (#3229)
- Millions of Wasted Funds Down The Drain In Eu Projects (#3228)
- Ukraine: City of Lviv Becomes Role Model (#3227)
- Crimea: Dependent On Deceptive Dreams (#3226)