Brits Turn Their Noses Up at the Eu (#2945)
France: Adieu Retirement - Pension reform and a growing risk of inflation are coming between French workers and their dreams of carefree retirement.
Croatia: The Sanader Case - Former Croatian Prime Minister Ivo Sanader is on trial for corruption. The case is widely seen as a test of Croatia's anti-graft drive ahead of its accession to the European Union.
Germany: Suicide Pacts - Three young women from Bavaria, Lower Saxony and Thuringen who had never met before gassed themselves to death in a tent last summer in what appeared to be a suicide pact.
Britain: Anti-EU Sentiment - Many people in Britain have long had major doubts about their country's membership in the European Union. At the end of October, Prime Minister David Cameron was able to defeat a parliamentary motion for a referendum on whether the UK should stay in the EU.
Poland: Prestigious Visit - US hotel heiress Paris Hilton has been honored with a star, not on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood but in Katowice, Poland. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Series Description: EUROPEAN JOURNAL looks beyond the headlines and sound bites to deliver relevant, unbiased and imaginative reporting on the events shaping the political, economic and cultural landscape of Europe. Each week, teams of journalists, photographers and producers scour the continent in search of stories with impact and meaning for American viewers, while alternating presenters Jim Gibbons and Cathy Smith provide in-depth analysis on this dynamic region.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Indicates a Festival program - full Festival schedule »
Ukraine: Tug-Of-War In Crimea (#3210)
- Sat, March 15, 8:30 AM on IPTV World
These episodes of European Journal aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Ukraine: Tug-Of-War In Crimea (#3210)
- Overthrow In Ukraine, Enormous Problems Ahead (#3209)
- Uprising of the Unemployed (#3208)
- Ukraine: Protestors' Right to Rise Up (#3207)
- Russia: Scorched Earth (#3206)
- Ukraine: Rich Remain Ruling Party (#3205)
- Episode #3204
- Belgium: Assisted Suicide for Minors? (#3203)
- Episode #3202
- Special: 10th Anniversary of Eastern EU Enlargement (#3201)
- Belgium: Manager with a Big Heart (#3152)
- Decommissioning Atomic Subs In Russia (#3151)
- Is The Celtic Lion Roaring Or Snoring? (#3150)
- Italy: Fighting The Mafia with Mozzarella (#3149)
- Un Calls for End of Racist Santa Spectacle (#3148)
- Greedy for Greenland's Resources (#3147)
- National Sport: Subway Fare-Dodging (#3146)
- Fanning Flames On London's Overheated Housing (#3145)
- Russia's Richest Billionaire Putin Denies Wealth (#3144)