Market to Market
1. NEWS SEGMENT: reports include: Knox county Illinois case; early in December Ill. Supreme Court ruled counties cannot zone farms, no matter the size of the farming operation. Now Illinois Attorney General is suing the Knox county farm for health violations. Other news items include initial reaction from grain merchandisers over the merger of giant rail companies in the U.S. and Canada and the continuing controversy surrounding the use of irradiation in meat processing and the court challenge to how the USDA may enforce its meat safety rules.
2. In-depth feature story: profile of Cincinnati, Ohio effort to utilize the waste from its urban forests, turning old or fallen trees into valuable products.
3. Market analysis: week's trends for major commodities; guest is Sue Martin
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
In the wake of the worst economic downturn since the Depression, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or... 04:04
A Carnegie Institution for Science study shows EPA may have underestimated methane gas levels by 50 percent. 02:14
Market Analyst Virgil Robinson discusses the commodity markets with host Mike Pearson. 09:59
Full Program: New data suggests the EPA has dramatically underestimated U.S. methane emissions. The farm bill stalls in conference... 27:45
Full Program: A series of tornadoes cuts a path of death of destruction in the Midwest. The Obama Administration proposes... 27:44
- Watch more video from this program »
News & Announcements
- more »
- more »
- more »
Series Description: MARKET TO MARKET will continue the tradition that's made it one of the longest-running series on public television and the longest-running agricultural program anywhere - solid reporting about the issues that challenge agriculture and expert analysis of major commodity markets that fuel the economic engine of rural America. Despite the fact that agriculture and rural enterprises represent important sectors in nearly every state's economy, rural America's stories are given scant attention by the nation's traditional media. That's why MARKET TO MARKET'S broad range of reporting - from global trade conflicts to environmental controversies to new technologies to emerging rural economic initiatives -- is so important. As important are the series' experienced market analysts who provide thoughtful insight about price trends and offer strategies to help producers and processors cope with changing times. Mike Pearson returns as host and is nationally recognized for his agribusiness acumen and rural expertise.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Indicates a December Celebration program
These episodes of Market to Market aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Episode #3914
- Episode #3913
- Episode #3912
- Episode #3911
- Episode #3910
- Episode #3909
- Episode #3908
- Episode #3907
- Episode #3906
- Episode #3905
- Episode #3904
- Episode #3903
- Episode #3902
- Episode #3901
- Episode #3852
- Episode #3851
- Episode #3850
- Episode #3849