The Vikings (#2708)
In a dramatic two-hour special, NOVA tells the story of a people who were much more than ax-wielding pirates. Featuring stunning camera work in Scandinavia and the far-flung countries that the Vikings penetrated, the program shows just how bold, energetic and hardy these warriors were and retraces Viking voyages in faithful replicas of their magnificent ships, trying to determine how they were able to navigate so far beyond the sight of land in the stormy north Atlantic.
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- 6-8, 9-12
- Curricular Areas
- Science & Technology
- Series Length
- 432 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 61 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: PBS' premier science series helps viewers of all ages explore the science behind the headlines. Along the way, NOVA programs demystify science and technology and highlight the people involved in scientific pursuits.
All Upcoming Episodes
Bigger Than T.rex (#4119)
Zeppelin Terror Attack (#4102)
Dawn of Humanity (#4209)
Arctic Ghost Ship (#4216)
These episodes of NOVA aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Bigger Than T.rex (#4119)
- Vaccines - Calling the Shots (#4114)
- Inside Animal Minds: Dogs & Super Senses (#4109)
- Why Planes Vanish (#4116)
- Ben Franklin's Balloons (#4117)
- Secrets of the Viking Sword (#3913)
- Mystery of Easter Island (#3914)
- Nuclear Meltdown Disaster (#4214)
- Sunken Ship Rescue (#4202)
- Chasing Pluto (#4213)
- Why Sharks Attack (#4111)
- Venom: Nature's Killer (#3808)
- Inside Animal Minds: Bird Genius (#4108)
- Escape from Nazi Alcatraz (#4112)
- D-Day's Sunken Secrets (#4113)
- First Man on the Moon (#4122)
- Rise of the Hackers (#4115)
- Lethal Seas (#4211)
- Nazi Attack On America (#4210)
- Manhunt - Boston Bombers (#4014)