The Victory Garden
The notion of Hollywood in its heyday evokes images of glamour that Virginia Robinson, first lady of Beverly Hills, was able to recreate in her own private garden, begun in 1906. Now open for guided walking tours, The Virginia Robinson Garden evokes the glamour of this bygone era with its elegant, winding woodland pathways that connect the formal mall to the striking palm garden and finally, to the luxurious rose garden. West Coast correspondent Bob Smaus interviews superintendent Timothy Lindsay to learn how these gracious gardens came to be bequeathed to the City of Los Angeles in 1977. And finally, Chef Marian Morash teams up again with the Rancho La Puerta spa's Executive Chef Bill Wavrin to create another healthful dish with fresh organic produce. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Full Program: Plant your own water-wise garden with tips from host Jamie Durie 25:11
Full Program: Create a garden that's cool with host Jamie Durie 25:12
Full Program: Find the best climbing plants and create a vertical element in your garden 25:12
Full Program: Explore water conservation and water-wise gardening with host Jamie Durie 23:31
Full Program: Explore what plants do well in the heat and cultivate a vibrant garden 25:02
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: THE VICTORY GARDEN, television's longest-running gardening program, continues to inspire viewers to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. Hosted by Australian gardening and television sensation Jamie Durie, its simple, easy lessons help seasoned and amateur gardeners alike make the most of their outdoor spaces in a way that respects and preserves the environment for future generations.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of The Victory Garden aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Light Up Your Garden (#3403)
- Inspired Gardens (#3402)
- Perennial Favorites (#3401)
- Trends: Get on the Cutting Edge of Your Garden with these innovative ideas (#3213)
- Hybrid 2: Discover A Colorful Variety of Gardening Tips (#3212)
- Soft (#3305)
- Dark (#3304)
- Light (#3303)
- New (#3302)
- Old (#3301)
- Sky: Enjoy a variety of garden views (#3209)
- Simplify Your Garden with Tricks and Tips (#3208)
- HORIZONTAL: Look across your garden and discover the possibilities (#3207)
- Hybrid 1: Discover An Eclectic Mix of Gardening Tips (#3206)
- Cool:Create A Garden That's Cool (#3205)
- Urban Oasis (#3405)