The Victory Garden
The Victory Garden's garden correspondent Holly Shimizu finds herself in West Palm Beach, Florida talking with local gardener Pat Cooke, who makes a magical outdoor living space by combining her artistic flair for design with her love for gardening. Holly learns how different combinations of foliage can be used to make separate but graceful outdoor rooms. Pat also shows how adding white and silver to the garden makes it come alive during the day and at night. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Full Program: Plant your own water-wise garden with tips from host Jamie Durie 25:11
Full Program: Create a garden that's cool with host Jamie Durie 25:12
Full Program: Find the best climbing plants and create a vertical element in your garden 25:12
Full Program: Explore water conservation and water-wise gardening with host Jamie Durie 23:31
Full Program: Explore what plants do well in the heat and cultivate a vibrant garden 25:02
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: THE VICTORY GARDEN, television's longest-running gardening program, continues to inspire viewers to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. Hosted by Australian gardening and television sensation Jamie Durie, its simple, easy lessons help seasoned and amateur gardeners alike make the most of their outdoor spaces in a way that respects and preserves the environment for future generations.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of The Victory Garden aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Light Up Your Garden (#3403)
- Inspired Gardens (#3402)
- Perennial Favorites (#3401)
- Trends: Get on the Cutting Edge of Your Garden with these innovative ideas (#3213)
- Hybrid 2: Discover A Colorful Variety of Gardening Tips (#3212)
- Soft (#3305)
- Dark (#3304)
- Light (#3303)
- New (#3302)
- Old (#3301)
- Sky: Enjoy a variety of garden views (#3209)
- Simplify Your Garden with Tricks and Tips (#3208)
- HORIZONTAL: Look across your garden and discover the possibilities (#3207)
- Hybrid 1: Discover An Eclectic Mix of Gardening Tips (#3206)
- Cool:Create A Garden That's Cool (#3205)
- Urban Oasis (#3405)