The Victory Garden
Get the grass greener on your side of the fence. Host Michael Weishan enters the major leagues with David Mellor, director of grounds at Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox, and gets advice on hitting a home run with proper lawn care. Then, Michael returns to The Victory Garden to meet up with Kip, who introduces a variety of ornamental grasses that help add texture and color to a perennial border. The Urban Project, based in Somerville, MA, is completed with final planting tips and suggestions for ground coverings that thrive in the shade. Finally, it's off to the kitchen with chef Didi Emmons, author of "Entertaining for a Veggie Planet," who whips up a delicious dish of broccoli and noodles. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Full Program: Plant your own water-wise garden with tips from host Jamie Durie 25:11
Full Program: Create a garden that's cool with host Jamie Durie 25:12
Full Program: Find the best climbing plants and create a vertical element in your garden 25:12
Full Program: Explore water conservation and water-wise gardening with host Jamie Durie 23:31
Full Program: Explore what plants do well in the heat and cultivate a vibrant garden 25:02
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: THE VICTORY GARDEN, television's longest-running gardening program, continues to inspire viewers to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. Hosted by Australian gardening and television sensation Jamie Durie, its simple, easy lessons help seasoned and amateur gardeners alike make the most of their outdoor spaces in a way that respects and preserves the environment for future generations.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of The Victory Garden aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Light Up Your Garden (#3403)
- Inspired Gardens (#3402)
- Perennial Favorites (#3401)
- Trends: Get on the Cutting Edge of Your Garden with these innovative ideas (#3213)
- Hybrid 2: Discover A Colorful Variety of Gardening Tips (#3212)
- Soft (#3305)
- Dark (#3304)
- Light (#3303)
- New (#3302)
- Old (#3301)
- Sky: Enjoy a variety of garden views (#3209)
- Simplify Your Garden with Tricks and Tips (#3208)
- HORIZONTAL: Look across your garden and discover the possibilities (#3207)
- Hybrid 1: Discover An Eclectic Mix of Gardening Tips (#3206)
- Cool:Create A Garden That's Cool (#3205)
- Urban Oasis (#3405)