The Victory Garden
Changes in the Garden (#2824)
Gardening is all about change - adapting to challenges while enjoying the fruits of your labor. This week in The Victory Garden, we'll review what was successful in the garden and what didn't grow to its potential, and why. Then, host Michael Weishan will continue with our front entrance re-design, examining fencing options that fit your home. Next, learn the best bets for making your own stone walkway with this lesson in hardscaping. Finally, gardener Kip Anderson shares tips for growing garden-fresh peppers, like the ones chef Martin Boucher uses in his delicious Ratatouille recipe from Maison des Erables in Montmagny. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Full Program: Plant your own water-wise garden with tips from host Jamie Durie 25:11
Full Program: Create a garden that's cool with host Jamie Durie 25:12
Full Program: Find the best climbing plants and create a vertical element in your garden 25:12
Full Program: Explore water conservation and water-wise gardening with host Jamie Durie 23:31
Full Program: Explore what plants do well in the heat and cultivate a vibrant garden 25:02
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: THE VICTORY GARDEN, television's longest-running gardening program, continues to inspire viewers to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. Hosted by Australian gardening and television sensation Jamie Durie, its simple, easy lessons help seasoned and amateur gardeners alike make the most of their outdoor spaces in a way that respects and preserves the environment for future generations.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of The Victory Garden aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Light Up Your Garden (#3403)
- Inspired Gardens (#3402)
- Perennial Favorites (#3401)
- Trends: Get on the Cutting Edge of Your Garden with these innovative ideas (#3213)
- Hybrid 2: Discover A Colorful Variety of Gardening Tips (#3212)
- Soft (#3305)
- Dark (#3304)
- Light (#3303)
- New (#3302)
- Old (#3301)
- Sky: Enjoy a variety of garden views (#3209)
- Simplify Your Garden with Tricks and Tips (#3208)
- HORIZONTAL: Look across your garden and discover the possibilities (#3207)
- Hybrid 1: Discover An Eclectic Mix of Gardening Tips (#3206)
- Cool:Create A Garden That's Cool (#3205)
- Urban Oasis (#3405)