Les Miserables In Concert (#2110)
Irish singer and acotr Com Wilkinson re-creates his original role of Jean Valjean in this special 10th anniversary concert performance of the international musical success "Les Miserables." Recorded last October at London's Royal Albert Hall, the program features a company of more than 250 performers from 14 countries, including stars from many of the show's worldwide productions, among them Philip Quast (Javert), Lea Salonga (Eponine), Ruthie Henshall (Fantine), Judy Kuhn (Cosette), Michael Maguire (Enjolras) and Michael Ball (Marius). David Charles Abell conducts the 100-piece Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. The concert concludes with a special version of "Peoples' Song" sung by an international cast of 17 "Valjeans." [123 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 263 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Mon, November 30, 8:00 PM on IPTV
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga: Cheek to Cheek Live! (#3910)
- Chita Rivera: A Lot of Livin' to Do (#4009)
- Billy Elliot: The Musical Live (#3915)
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert 2015 (#4008)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)