The Art of Singing: Golden Voices, Silver Screen (#2311)
From Caruso to Callas, GREAT PERFORMANCES explores the rich film legacy of opera's greatest stars in "The Art of Singing: Golden Voices, Silver Screen." A highlight of GREAT PERFORMANCES' 25th anniversary season, the two-hour special, hosted by celebrated American baritone Thomas Hampson, offers a remarkable evening of rarely seen treasures. Among the nuggets: newly remastered footage of Met favorite Beniamino Gigli in a 1927 "Cavalleria Rusticana"; Rosa Ponselle's MGM screen test, long considered lost, for a never-filmed "Carmen"; and Maria Callas in her now legendary Lisbon "La Traviata. [116 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 263 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Mon, November 30, 8:00 PM on IPTV
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga: Cheek to Cheek Live! (#3910)
- Chita Rivera: A Lot of Livin' to Do (#4009)
- Billy Elliot: The Musical Live (#3915)
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert 2015 (#4008)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)