The most famous stage musical of all time, seen by more than 50 million people in more than 27 countries and translated into 14 languages, has its world television premiere on PBS. The production, under the personal supervision of composer Andrew Lloyd Webber, has been restaged for television and recorded with a specially augmented 76-piece orchestra. Elaine Paige, John Mills and Ken Page star. [149 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Anika Noni Rose (Marta) performs "Another Hundred People" in Stephen Sondheim's "Company," airing Friday, Nov. 8 at... 02:17
Stephen Colbert (Harry) and Martha Plimpton (Sarah) play a married couple whose karate demonstration gets a bit... 03:17
In the opening song, "Company," Bobby (Neil Patrick Harris) is the object of attention of his five sets of married... 03:16
Captured from the stage of Avery Fisher Hall at New York's Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, the musical airs... 00:31
Composer Jake Heggie and librettist Gene Scheer's award-winning opera Moby-Dick will be broadcast on Great... 00:31
- Watch more video from this program »
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 249 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Star-Spangled Spectacular: Bicentennial of Our National Anthem (#4002)
- Rejoice with Itzhak Perlman and Cantor Yitzchak Meir Helfgot (#3816)
- Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert 2014 (#3909)
- Sting: The Last Ship (#3906)
- Dudamel Conducts the Verdi Requiem at the Hollywood Bowl (#4001)
- Placido Domingo: My Favorite Roles (#3609)
- Macbeth (#3415)