The Making of "Turandot" at the Forbidden City (#2413)
Filmed over the course of two months, "The Making of 'Turandot' at the Forbidden City" offers an in-depth backstage view of a remarkable production of Puccini's Turandot. Featuring over 350 extras, dancers and acrobats, this collaboration between conductor Zubin Mehta and Chinese filmmaker Zhang Yimou (Raise the Red Lantern, Red Sorghum) was staged in front of the Ming Dynasty Imperial Palace at the Forbidden City in Beijing. Also featured are cast members Sharon Sweet, Guiseppe Giacomini and Christina Gallardo-Domas. [56 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 262 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert 2015 (#4008)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)
- Twilight: Los Angeles (#3710)
- Boston Symphony Orchestra: Andris Nelsons' Inaugural Concert (#4006)