My Favorite Broadway: The Leading Ladies (#2503)
A stellar gathering of illustrious leading ladies takes command of Carnegie Hall to perform their signature hits and personal favorites from the Broadway musical. Sharing the spotlight are Nell Carter, Linda Eder, Jennifer Holliday, Anna Kendrick, Judy Kuhn, Priscilla Lopez, Andrea McArdle, Audra McDonald, Marin Mazzie, Liza Minnelli, Bebe Neuwirth, Rosie O'Donnell, Faith Prince, Elaine Stritch and Karen Ziemba, with a special appearance by the Rockettes. The evening's repertoire features a dazzling array of classic numbers from Show Boat, Guys and Dolls, Gypsy, Man of La Mancha, Company, A Chorus Line, Chicago, Annie, Dreamgirls and many others in a thrilling concert in which Broadway's current leading ladies join ranks with veteran stars. Julie Andrews is the host. [87 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 261 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert 2015 (#4008)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)
- Twilight: Los Angeles (#3710)
- Boston Symphony Orchestra: Andris Nelsons' Inaugural Concert (#4006)