My Favorite Broadway: The Love Songs (#2610)
This program celebrates the troubadours whose elegant tunes and graceful lyrics remain as potent today as at the time of their creation. Taped at Performance City Center, New York, the program features the songs of Cole Porter, Frank Loesser, Lerner & Loewe, Stephen Sondheim and Andrew Lloyd Webber, as well as the newer Broadway voices of Jonathan Larson, Elton John and Barry Manilow. Julie Andrews tops the lineup of remarkable cast members, including Michael Crawford, Linda Eder, Peter Gallagher, Robert Goulet, Heather Headley, Nathan Lane, Rebecca Luker, Barry Manilow, Marin Mazzie, Bebe Neuwirth, Adam Pascal, Ron Raines, Chita Rivera, Brent Spiner, Three Mo' Tenors and Tom Wopat. Also featured are the American Theater Orchestra and the Broadway Inspirational Voices choir. [86 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 261 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Mon, August 31, 2:00 AM on IPTV
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert 2015 (#4008)
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)
- Twilight: Los Angeles (#3710)
- Boston Symphony Orchestra: Andris Nelsons' Inaugural Concert (#4006)