Dance In America: from Broadway -- Fosse (#2706)
With a theatrical and cinematic legacy that includes "Damn Yankees," "The Pajama Game," "Sweet Charity," "Pippin," "Cabaret," "Chicago" and "Dancin'," the genius of Bob Fosse will always cast a long shadow over Broadway and Hollywood. Winner of the 1999 Tony Award for "Best Musical," the all-dancing, all-singing Fosse was created by those who worked most closely with him, including co-director and co-choreographer Ann Reinking and Fosse's wife, the late Gwen Verdon. Now, in a PBS Showcase event, DANCE IN AMERICA presents the award-winning musical starring Reinking and Ben Vereen, recorded live in performance from Broadway. Celebrating Fosse's brilliance with the most important dance numbers from his greatest shows, movies and early television work, "From Broadway -- Fosse" is a show-stopping tribute to one of the past century's most influential forces on Broadway. [116 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Anika Noni Rose (Marta) performs "Another Hundred People" in Stephen Sondheim's "Company," airing Friday, Nov. 8 at... 02:17
Stephen Colbert (Harry) and Martha Plimpton (Sarah) play a married couple whose karate demonstration gets a bit... 03:17
In the opening song, "Company," Bobby (Neil Patrick Harris) is the object of attention of his five sets of married... 03:16
Captured from the stage of Avery Fisher Hall at New York's Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, the musical airs... 00:31
Composer Jake Heggie and librettist Gene Scheer's award-winning opera Moby-Dick will be broadcast on Great... 00:31
- Watch more video from this program »
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 252 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Indicates a December Celebration program
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Cats (#4003)
- Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga: Cheek to Cheek Live! (#3910)
- Star-Spangled Spectacular: Bicentennial of Our National Anthem (#4002)
- Rejoice with Itzhak Perlman and Cantor Yitzchak Meir Helfgot (#3816)
- Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert 2014 (#3909)
- Sting: The Last Ship (#3906)
- Dudamel Conducts the Verdi Requiem at the Hollywood Bowl (#4001)
- Placido Domingo: My Favorite Roles (#3609)