Dance In America: from Broadway -- Fosse (#2706)
With a theatrical and cinematic legacy that includes "Damn Yankees," "The Pajama Game," "Sweet Charity," "Pippin," "Cabaret," "Chicago" and "Dancin'," the genius of Bob Fosse will always cast a long shadow over Broadway and Hollywood. Winner of the 1999 Tony Award for "Best Musical," the all-dancing, all-singing Fosse was created by those who worked most closely with him, including co-director and co-choreographer Ann Reinking and Fosse's wife, the late Gwen Verdon. Now, in a PBS Showcase event, DANCE IN AMERICA presents the award-winning musical starring Reinking and Ben Vereen, recorded live in performance from Broadway. Celebrating Fosse's brilliance with the most important dance numbers from his greatest shows, movies and early television work, "From Broadway -- Fosse" is a show-stopping tribute to one of the past century's most influential forces on Broadway. [116 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 260 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)
- Twilight: Los Angeles (#3710)
- Boston Symphony Orchestra: Andris Nelsons' Inaugural Concert (#4006)
- Mark Morris Dance Group: L'Allegro (#4005)
- Bryan Adams In Concert (#3911)
- La Dolce Vita: The Music of Italian Cinema (#3913)