Renee Fleming and Bryn Terfel: Music Under The Stars (#2807)
Internationally acclaimed Welsh bass-baritone Bryn Terfel and American soprano Renee Fleming have teamed with veteran Broadway conductor Paul Gemignani to record a superb selection of show-stopping Broadway songs. Performing solos and duets from contemporary productions such as Ragtime and Sweeney Todd as well as numbers from classic shows such as Porgy and Bess, The King and I and The Music Man, Terfel and Fleming are captured in concert at Terfel's annual Faenol Festival in North Wales. For one summer evening, the beautiful Welsh countryside rings out with the sound of Broadway at its very best. [56 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 262 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert 2015 (#4008)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)
- Twilight: Los Angeles (#3710)
- Boston Symphony Orchestra: Andris Nelsons' Inaugural Concert (#4006)