30th Anniversary: A Celebration In Song (#2809)
Over the course of some 600 programs, one of the ongoing highlights of GREAT PERFORMANCES has been a diversity of song - songs from opera, Broadway, popular music, jazz and American folk. Consequently, GP's archive of performance specials has resulted in a historic record of some of the world's leading contemporary performers in their prime. In addition, several Dance in America programs have been based on the work of celebrated choreographers who have taken their inspiration from both popular and traditional song. In this 30th anniversary celebration, GREAT PERFORMANCES looks back at some of the series' most thrilling moments in music and dance. [86 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 260 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)
- Twilight: Los Angeles (#3710)
- Boston Symphony Orchestra: Andris Nelsons' Inaugural Concert (#4006)
- Mark Morris Dance Group: L'Allegro (#4005)
- Bryan Adams In Concert (#3911)
- La Dolce Vita: The Music of Italian Cinema (#3913)