Duetto: The Concert at the Roman Colosseum (#2810)
In recent years, audiences around the world have rediscovered the power and romance of the classical tenor voice. Two of today's most acclaimed new operatic tenors, Argentinean Marcelo Alvarez and Italian Salvatore Licitra, have appeared with some of the most prestigious opera companies in the world, including the Metropolitan Opera, where Licitra received tremendous acclaim as a last-minute substitute for Pavarotti. Now, these two commanding singers join forces for a spectacular open-air concert outside the ancient Colosseum in Rome. Backed by a full orchestra and chorus, Alvarez and Licitra perform classical numbers by Puccini, Fuare, Bizet and Bach, as well as newly composed operatic ballads written especially for them by some of the most talented writers and arrangers working in music today. [89 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 263 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Mon, November 30, 8:00 PM on IPTV
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga: Cheek to Cheek Live! (#3910)
- Chita Rivera: A Lot of Livin' to Do (#4009)
- Billy Elliot: The Musical Live (#3915)
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert 2015 (#4008)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)