Harry Connick,Jr.: Only You (#2904)
In a young career already marked by many firsts, music wunderkind Harry Connick, Jr. continues to redefine boundaries-no small feat in a resume that includes over 20 million albums sold, three Grammy awards and nominations for Tony, Emmy, Oscar, Golden Globe and Cable Ace Awards. Yet despite his many achievements as musician, singer, composer and actor, Connick isn't one to coast on past triumphs, and is constantly reaching new heights as a versatile and gifted entertainer. In this concert of material from "Only You," his upcoming Columbia Records album of standards from the 50s and 60s, Connick makes his first return to GREAT PERFORMANCES since his GP, primetime television debut in 1990. Among the classics that Connick remakes as his own are "Crazy," "Once in My Life," "The Very Thought of You," and "My Blue Heaven." [56 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 261 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Mon, August 31, 2:00 AM on IPTV
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert 2015 (#4008)
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)
- Twilight: Los Angeles (#3710)
- Boston Symphony Orchestra: Andris Nelsons' Inaugural Concert (#4006)