Carnegie Hall Opening Night 2004 (#3002)
GREAT PERFORMANCES returns to its tradition of gala opening night concerts from Carnegie Hall, marking the start of the hall's 114th season. Special guests Yo-Yo Ma and Renee Fleming join the Philadelphia Orchestra and its new music director, Christoph Eschenbach. The 90-minute concert program features three works by Richard Strauss: Don Juan, Op. 20; Four Last Songs, with Renee Fleming as soloist; and Don Quixote, Op. 35, with cellist Yo-Yo Ma. [116 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 260 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)
- Twilight: Los Angeles (#3710)
- Boston Symphony Orchestra: Andris Nelsons' Inaugural Concert (#4006)
- Mark Morris Dance Group: L'Allegro (#4005)
- Bryan Adams In Concert (#3911)
- La Dolce Vita: The Music of Italian Cinema (#3913)