Carnegie Hall Opening Night 2004 (#3002)
GREAT PERFORMANCES returns to its tradition of gala opening night concerts from Carnegie Hall, marking the start of the hall's 114th season. Special guests Yo-Yo Ma and Renee Fleming join the Philadelphia Orchestra and its new music director, Christoph Eschenbach. The 90-minute concert program features three works by Richard Strauss: Don Juan, Op. 20; Four Last Songs, with Renee Fleming as soloist; and Don Quixote, Op. 35, with cellist Yo-Yo Ma. [116 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
In this excerpt from the 'Magical Mystery Tour Revisited' documentary, a look at how and why The Beatles decided... 02:29
Airs Friday, June 1, 2012 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. Check your local listings. 00:31
Jonas Kaufmann (Faust) and Marina Poplavskaya (Marguerite) in the "Love Duet" from Faust. 02:12
Full Program: Watch the concert featuring some of the world's most talented guitar players 01:54:46
Felicia (Montego Glover) takes the stage at Delray's and brings down the house. 01:45
- Watch more video from this program »
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 260 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)
- Twilight: Los Angeles (#3710)
- Boston Symphony Orchestra: Andris Nelsons' Inaugural Concert (#4006)
- Mark Morris Dance Group: L'Allegro (#4005)
- Bryan Adams In Concert (#3911)
- La Dolce Vita: The Music of Italian Cinema (#3913)