One Night with Rod Stewart (#3007)
For three decades now, Rod Stewart has been an iconic force in the realm of popular music. Through a stellar catalog of classic songs -many of which he's written or co-written - he's earned his place in the pantheon of genuine musical legends. His infinitely expressive voice, sly wit and a truly electrifying stage presence have earned Rod Stewart a place in the hearts and lives of millions of fans worldwide. Now, for the first time, the legendary rock `n' roller performs some of his best-known hits and newfound "Great American Songbook" classics at the legendary Royal Albert Hall in London. The special gala concert, hosted by Dame Edna, features Rod accompanied by the 60-piece BBC concert orchestra, the London Community Gospel Choir and his own band and backing singers. The concert also captures Rod with Chrissie Hynde, his former Faces mate, Ron Wood, and a stunning new musical discovery, Amy Belle. [73 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 260 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)
- Twilight: Los Angeles (#3710)
- Boston Symphony Orchestra: Andris Nelsons' Inaugural Concert (#4006)
- Mark Morris Dance Group: L'Allegro (#4005)
- Bryan Adams In Concert (#3911)
- La Dolce Vita: The Music of Italian Cinema (#3913)