Cream Reunion Concert (#3014)
Releasing just four albums as a group, Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton left an indelible mark on the worldwide music scene. From 1966 to 1968, with hits like "White Room," "Sunshine of Your Love" and "Badge," Cream dominated the charts with a bluesy, masterful approach to the psychedelic rock of the late 1960s, selling 35 million records and inspiring virtually every new rock group of the day with dreams of stadium success. Much to the disappointment of their legions of fans, the group disbanded after only three years, playing their final concert together in 1968 at London's Royal Albert Hall to despairing cries of "God save the Cream!" It took 37 years, but in May 2005, Royal Albert Hall was once again the scene for the group's much anticipated reunion, described by the Washington Times as "... a unique moment in music history. It was a long time coming, but worth the wait." [86 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 263 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Mon, November 30, 8:00 PM on IPTV
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga: Cheek to Cheek Live! (#3910)
- Chita Rivera: A Lot of Livin' to Do (#4009)
- Billy Elliot: The Musical Live (#3915)
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert 2015 (#4008)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)