Paul McCartney: Chaos and Creation at Abbey Road (#3105)
Sir Paul McCartney returns to Studio 2 at London's Abbey Road studios, where most of The Beatles's recordings were made, for an intimate journey through his songwriting history, from his very first Beatles song to the work on his new album, "Chaos And Creation in the Backyard," in this unique program. Using a selection of vintage instruments from his own collection -- including the bass played by Bill Black on Elvis Presley's original recording of "Heartbreak Hotel, " and the Mellotron and mixing desk used by The Beatles -- Paul re-visits his back catalog in new and revealing ways in front of an intimate studio audience. McCartney re-interprets old songs, reveals new ones, plays some great cover versions and enlists the audience's help in a demonstration of "in the moment" songwriting and arranging. Songs performed in the special include "Strawberry Fields Forever," "Band on the Run" and "Lady Madonna." [56 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- The Arts
- Series Length
- 263 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 97 minutes
- Record Rights
- Sch/until 3/24/16; ncc; simul. ;7-day cached rights
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: GREAT PERFORMANCES, the longest-running performing arts anthology on television, continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Mon, November 30, 8:00 PM on IPTV
These episodes of Great Performances aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga: Cheek to Cheek Live! (#3910)
- Chita Rivera: A Lot of Livin' to Do (#4009)
- Billy Elliot: The Musical Live (#3915)
- Dudamel Conducts a John Williams Celebration With the LA Phil (#4101)
- Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert 2015 (#4008)
- Driving Miss Daisy (#4007)
- Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live In Concert (#3914)