The World of Penguins (#1304)
"The World of Penguins" explores the diversity of penguins, seventeen different types of which live in exotic locations all over the Southern Hemisphere. From desert climates of South America to frigid Antarctica, this program examines the realm of penguins beyond popular comical images, including their fascinating mating and parenting instincts, their graceful underwater performances, and their incredible feats of hunting and survival. [56 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- 6-8, 9-12
- Curricular Areas
- Science & Technology
- Series Length
- 296 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 57 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: NATURE, television's longest-running weekly natural history series, has won more than 200 honors from the television industry, parent groups, the international wildlife film community and environmental organizations, including the only award ever given to a television program by the Sierra Club.
All Upcoming Episodes
Big Birds Can't Fly (#3303)
Soul of the Elephant (#3304)
These episodes of Nature aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Nature's Miracle Orphans: Wild Lessons (#3302)
- Animal Childhood (#3212)
- Nature's Miracle Orphans: Second Chances (#3301)
- The Sagebrush Sea (#3213)
- Wolverine: Chasing the Phantom (#2804)
- Kangaroo Mob (#2905)
- Siberian Tiger Quest (#3001)
- Owl Power (#3207)
- What Plants Talk About (#3009)
- River of No Return (#2911)
- The Funkiest Monkeys (#3105)
- Invasion of the Giant Pythons (#2708)
- My Bionic Pet (#3108)
- The White Lions (#2912)