Gremlins: Faces in the Forest (#1507)
Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, marmosets and tamarins are tiny monkeys that share their secrets and a crowded patch of rainforest with the Satare Maues people of the Amazon. For three years, filmmaker Nick Gordon followed scientist Mark Van Roosmalen as he interviewed the Satare Maues people in search of a new species of marmoset. Along the way, he obtained rare footage of an extended family of marmosets, whose close-knit community shares the responsibility of raising its young. Also featured is the complex ecology of the rainforest and the traditional customs and rituals of the Satare Maues tribe. [56 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
In "Life on Camera," Sir David Attenborough revisits key places and events in his wildlife filmmaking career,... 00:33
In "Understanding the Natural World," Sir David Attenborough shares his memories of the scientists and the... 00:32
In "Our Fragile Planet," Sir David Attenborough reflects on the dramatic impact that human beings have had on the... 00:32
A look at all that's entailed in getting those duck feathers just right. "An Original DUCKumentary" premieres... 01:20
A newly hatched wood duckling jumps from her high-up tree nest to reach her calling mother. "An Original DUCKumentary"... 01:20
- Watch more video from this program »
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- 6-8, 9-12
- Curricular Areas
- Science & Technology
- Series Length
- 290 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 57 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: NATURE, television's longest-running weekly natural history series, has won more than 200 honors from the television industry, parent groups, the international wildlife film community and environmental organizations, including the only award ever given to a television program by the Sierra Club.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Nature aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Funkiest Monkeys (#3105)
- Invasion of the Giant Pythons (#2708)
- My Bionic Pet (#3108)
- The White Lions (#2912)
- The Sagebrush Sea (#3213)
- Animal Childhood (#3212)
- Parrot Confidential (#3103)
- Mystery Monkeys of Shangri-La (#3211)
- Animal Homes: Animal Cities (#3210)
- Nature's Guide to Animal Homes: Location, Location, Location (#3209)
- Animal Homes: The Nest (#3208)
- Animal Misfits (#3201)
- The Mystery of Eels (#3010)
- Ireland's Wild River (#3107)
- Attenborough's Life Stories: Our Fragile Planet (#3007)
- Attenborough's Life Stories: Understanding the Natural World (#3006)
- Attenborough's Life Stories: Life On Camera (#3005)
- Owl Power (#3207)
- The Last Orangutan Eden (#3206)