The Venom Cure (#2209)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Full Program: There are thousands of animals on this planet whose venom may be able to help mankind. 51:15
Researchers believe that a spray containing the clotting agent from brown snake venom could eventually be used by... 01:45
To kill its prey, a coneshell extends a proboscis armed with a harpoonlike tip that injects a deadly venom. Tune in on... 01:27
Learn how Copperhead venom could help treat cancer. Tune in on Sunday, June 24 at 8 p.m. (ET) on PBS (check local... 02:43
The mysterious coywolf is a mixture of western coyote and eastern wolf. 00:48
- Watch more video from this program »
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- 6-8, 9-12
- Curricular Areas
- Science & Technology
- Series Length
- 278 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 57 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: NATURE, television's longest-running weekly natural history series, has won more than 200 honors from the television industry, parent groups, the international wildlife film community and environmental organizations, including the only award ever given to a television program by the Sierra Club.
All Upcoming Episodes
Victoria Falls (#2613)
These episodes of Nature aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Raccoon Nation (#2907)
- Echo: An Elephant to Remember (#2801)
- Touching The Wild (#3109)
- Saving Otter 501 (#3101)
- Salmon: Running the Gauntlet (#2812)
- Fabulous Frogs (#3113)
- Great Zebra Exodus (#3013)
- Fortress of the Bears (#2906)
- Outback Pelicans (#2810)
- American Eagle (#2603)
- The Gathering Swarms (#3112)
- Leave It to Beavers (#3111)
- My Bionic Pet (#3108)
- Shark Mountain (#2202)
- Love in the Animal Kingdom (#3102)