Secrets of the Dead
Lost in the Amazon (#1102)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Full Program: Watch the full episode and discover the fate of famed adventurer Col. Percy Fawcett 53:43
A modern day quest to find the truth behind one of exploration's greatest mysteries: What happened to famed... 01:30
A modern day quest to find the truth behind one of exploration's greatest mysteries: What happened to adventurer Col.... 00:31
Full Program: Watch the full episode of Secrets of the Dead: Ultimate Tut. 00:00
In Ultimate Tut, a special two-part Secrets of the Dead, airing Wednesday, July 10, 8-10 pm on PBS (check local... 00:31
- Watch more video from this program »
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 73 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 59 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: Part detective story, part true-life drama, SECRETS OF THE DEAD unearths evidence from around the world, challenging prevailing ideas and throwing fresh light on unexplained events. Using the most up-to-date science in the laboratory and in the field, scientists and researchers examine the missing pieces of each puzzle, completing the picture of what had been merely an assemblage of suppositions.
All Upcoming Episodes
The Lost Gardens of Babylon (#1304)
These episodes of Secrets of the Dead aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Lost Gardens of Babylon (#1304)
- Bugging Hitler's Soldiers (#1202)
- Bones of the Buddha (#1206)
- The Man Who Saved the World (#1201)
- The World's Biggest Bomb (#1104)
- Ben Franklin's Bones (#1401)
- Death on the Railroad (#1203)